August 9, 2010

Tribute to the Best Husband in the World

So I knew I had a pretty amazing husband before, but since I have been pregnant I have found out that I didn't know how amazing someone could be until now. 
Ryan is just the best husband and the best guy a girl good ever ask for.  I thought I could just write him a letter or something to let him know how much and what I appreciate so much, but I love him so much I just want to shout it from the roof tops and let everyone know how awesome he is. So I liked this idea better!

30 reasons why Ryan is such a stand up guy:

1. By far the best thing about Ryan is his patience.
When I worked at Greenline a man from Provo City came in to buy some parts. So I told him "Oh my husband works at Provo City."  When I told him who my husband is he got this really humble look on his face and just said, "Man, that guy has the patience of Job!"

2. He makes me laugh my BUTT off!
So i really like the TV show Grey's Anatomy but I didn't start watching it until like season 4 so last winter. We were spending lots of time inside so I decided I would rent the first three seasons.  Well I would rent a season and have like three days to return it. So basically our TV was tuned to Grey's Anatomy for the whole weekend for three weekends straight. By the time we were about half way through the third season Ryan stole my phone without me knowing.  Next time I opened it this was the wallpaper picture and the banner said "NO MORE GREY"S ANATOMY!"
And that is just one of many stories! He is so funny!

3. He has given me a back rub basically every night since I got Preg even though he only gets one every... well not very often.

4. When I don't feel good and just want to sit on the couch watching TV he comes to check on me multiple times. He asks if I need a refill on my water, or a snack, medication, or anything else.

5. He took me through the Temple where we were married and sealed for time and all eternity!

6. He honors his priesthood. And reminds me that if I ever want a blessing he is there to do it for me.

7. Everyone loves Ryan. We have lived in Levan for two years now and I still feel like we just moved in, but Ryan knows everyone.  Everywhere we go he is waving and talking to people and I am always like "who is that?" But he just makes friends so easy.  And can talk to anyone for hours even if he can't stand them.  He is so accepting of people! And in return everyone accepts him!

8. The whole time I was sick while pregnant I didn't have to do a single dish, cleaning, or laundry, and if Ryan caught me trying to do it, he would all but pick me up and take me to the couch and do it himself.  And it's not just then that he does those things.  Even when I am not sick and not pregnant he takes turns at all of the household chores.

9. He gets sad when I plan a day to go shopping with the girls, not because he is jealous but because Ryan could spend every minute of every day with me (seriously!) I love how good of friends we are.



10. He drives everywhere. I am not a good driver and don't really like to drive, so he drives everywhere (and we do a lot of driving!)

11. He lets me sleep in the car (while he is just as tired and driving) without complaining, even though I know it drives him CRAZY!

12. He listens to my problems and is smart enough to know I only want him to listen, not offer his opinion on how I could fix them.

13. Not only does he help with household chores.  He does ALL of the outside chores! I have only mowed our lawn one time, that's right one time! And I think I offered to that one time.  And I swear I didn't break that Landscape light on purpose so that I would never have to do it again. Honest! I have never shoveled snow, never had to move sprinklers, and the list goes on...
14. He tells me every single day that I look beautiful including the days when I was sick, hadn't washed my hair in days, wearing my glasses, with no make-up, and lots of zits, and was lucky if my clothes matched.  He ALWAYS tell me I look beautiful, best of all I know he means it!

15. In any given day he tells me at minimum 30 times a day that he loves meAnd that's a work day when we don't spend much time together!

16. He loves hugs. Even if it annoys me because I am trying to get something done. I love that he can't hug me enough.

17. He always asks me how my day was, if my meal tasted good, if I slept good, or if i am feeling OK.

18. He does my "Projects." Ryan hates projects.  I think that word probably makes his skin crawl and his blood boil.  But I want them done and I don't want to pay someone to do them.  So he does whatever research he has to and figures out how to get it done, eventually! I love his willingness to go totally out of his comfort zone just because he knows it will make me happy.

19. He does tons of little things to make my life easier.  Like follow me to the gas station to pump my gas for me so I don't have to.  Seriously who does that? What a SWEETHEART!  And on Thursdays (because i work Fridays and he doesn't) he always makes sure there is enough gas in the car that I won't have to stop the next day.


20. Ryan will eat just about anything.  Has got to be the least picky husband in the world! Makes my life a lot easier.  Even though he takes care of his own dinner at least half of the time. And if by some small chance he doesn't want to eat it, just put some ranch on there and he'll be fine.

21. He will do anything just as long as it means being with me.  Even shopping! And he is such a patient shopperI try to make it easier and say "I will go to my store while you go to yours if you want so you don't have to walk around the girly store with me."  But he would rather just be with me even if it means we don't have time to go to his store. He also ALWAYS goes grocery shopping with me even though he HATES grocery shopping.

22. He wears Cinch pants because I like them on him, even though he DOESN'T! And he doesn't wear black with brown because that is a big pet peeve of mine.  Oh wait we are still working on this one! lol

23. His "Ryan-Talk" Ryan may be the only other person who knows what I mean by that, but it is one of my very favorite things about him so I had to put it on the list!

24. He sacrifices things he wants so we can afford things that I want.

25. He is a very hard worker. He'll go to any height to support us. LITERALLY!...

26. He lets me have control of the remote.  I can't stand "his shows," so he pretty much always lets me chose what we watch, even though he can't stand "my shows" either.

27.  He is a true gentlemenHe always, always gets the door for me! Even when it's double doors into a building he gets both.  Whenever we are carrying groceries or anything he always carries as much as he possibly can so I have to carry none or very little. He always lets me order first at a restaurant.  I am easily freaked out by men who dress or look intimidating.  He always pulls me close to him and walks on the side they are on as we pass them so that I feel as safe as possible.  If he leaves earlier than me and I am still in bed; he locks the doors on his way out so I feel safe alone in the house. And he does so much more. He is so respectful to me!

28. He loves to hold my hand! Whenever we are walking in the mall or even five feet from the car to a restaurant.  He has to hold my hand.  And I love that!

29. He loves to see me happy! We stop to get our mail everyday on the way home from work, Ryan always goes in to get it.  It makes my day when I get a letter from my cousin Aubree who is on a mission.  So when a letter comes from her he always hides it and hands me the rest of the mail.  After I finish looking through all that stuff he will pull Aubree's letter out of his pocket and make a big presentation about it. It is so cute.  And just goes to show how much he enjoys it when I'm happy!

30. And most of all I KNOW he is going to be the best dad in the world! Sometimes I worry how I will do as a parent but I know we will be just fine because Ryan is going to be such a great parent.  I just can't wait to see him in action!!!

So this is to my goofy goofy husband Ryan AKA Rancho AKA Bob.  I love you SO much!  You are my best friend! Thank you for being everything I could have ever wanted in a husband and SO much MORE!  I am so glad we get to spend not only this lifetime together but also all of eternity! I am looking forward to every minute of it!

This is the best husband in the World:

No comments:

Post a Comment