August 2, 2011

Ute Stampede Week

Our celebrations started out with the horse parade Thursday night...


 
Friday morning (admist my protesting) we went to Goshen and got this beauty!
Molly.  Ryan wanted her for roping and weed eating.


Friday afternoon was the Grand Parade, I know I am absolutely crazy, but I LOVE parades!


Ferrin, Me & our babies!





Tow Mater... So cute!




Then that night we went to the Carnival with the Woroods and got a corn dog and watched their boys on a few rides.  Then went to their house to watch a movie.

Saturday Ryan and Bodie and Bodie's dad Nate competed in the horse shoe pitching contest.


Joqell shared her water with Otto.  He thought that was pretty sweet.




We thought the contest was going to be like an hour long.  It turned out to be like THREE!  So Joqell and I went and walked through the shops, and I got some pretty sweet jewelry!

When it was over we were starving but of course they wanted to wait around and see if they won.  Otto was in love with Roxy!  If i tried to turn him away he would flop back toward her.  It was pretty cute.



And Ryan did win 2nd place. He threw 15% ringers.  It was $6 to enter and he got $7.50!  Woot Woot! lol

Ryan was going to go up to Wales and push cows, but since the contest took a lot longer than expected, we went home and watched Ryan rope the goat.  It was pretty funny.  After a while she figured out that if she just ran around Ryan's ankles he couldn't rope her.  It was pretty funny.
Did I tell Ryan he looked goofy in his shorts, socks, and skater shoes?  Yes i did.
Did he wear them anyway? He sure did!





I took these pictures just for Cousin Olin! (He can't wait for Otto to be old engough to rope with him)



Then that night we went to the bathing beauties parade.


Otto watched for a second...


But mostly he was just making us laugh our butts off, because he would throw himself forward.  He was watching bugs, and when Ryan squished one he was looking at, Otto gasped.  It was so funny!


On Sunday we went and visited my parents and my grandparents.  My grandpa Clair gave Otto his first cookie, a vanilla waffer, and OF COURSE Otto was in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment