February 28, 2012

Christmas

Since Christmas was on a Sunday we hurried and opened one gift before we went to church.  It was a Tractor/Trailer from the Wood family in our ward!




By the time we got home for church Otto was WAY READY for a nap.  But we were headed up to Grandma's and of course we wanted to open our gifts before we left.  So Otto was not too happy for opening gifts.  He didn't want much to do with wrapping paper.  And after we got out his first gift (The Elephant Ball Popper ) that is all he wanted to play with and would just cry for the most part if we tried to get him to open the next gift.





This was just a little "toy" I threw together.  A bunch of strips of material tied together into a long strand and he can just pull them out of the wipes box.  He actually really liked it.



I LOVE this face!


He also got a new pair of shoes which he has only wore maybe once since then.  LACES?! What was I thinking?




Ryan got insulated Saddle Bags .  Since he loves to work cows for upto 12 hours (or more), and his old ones would barely fit a sandwich and nothing else.  Now he can pack lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks AND keep them cool.


I got a purse.


Ryan got a little "Red book"  It is just like a pocket calendar.



Otto thought the little red book looked like it was his size so it must be his!




This gift for Ryan was more like a gift for me.  A Magazine Rack for the bathroom.  We previously had a stack of magazines in the bathroom that was littlerally two feet high or more.  So now we have this one and DARN it will only fit a select number of magazines!


Mitch got a present for Otto.  Some Hurley clothes and these little ball things that have a weight inside of them so when you shake them they make noise.  Mitch spoiled Ryan and I too with Gift cards! Those balls were probably Otto's favorite gift of Christmas.  Well that is not true.  He LOVES the Basketball Hoop from Grandma A.  I don't even have a picture of him playing with it.  I'll have to get one!






I got this handmade (by Ryan) night stand.  It was desperately needed.  I had been using an old bar stool!  I love it!  He did an awesome job didn't he!





Then we went and visited the families were we were spoiled again.  First we went to my Mom's and Trent and Kortnie"s family was there.  We don't get to see them very often it was so fun to spend time with them and everybody else!


Then we went to Grandma Stewart's!



It was a wonderful Christmas.  I can't wait til next year.  Hopefully Otto is more excited about ripping wrapping paper by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment